The Renegade Game Studios 5th Anniversary $500 Games Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Renegade Games, LLC, located at 306 N-West El Norte Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92026 USA (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.
Only legal residents of the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia, who are the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related companies, and all other entities associated with the creation, administration, promotion, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and related companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of those family members are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. Sweepstakes Period
The Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2019 at 12:01 AM PT and ends on July 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
5. How to Enter
Maximum three entries (each, an “Entry”) per Facebook account (“Account”) regardless of whether one person has more than one Account or more than one person uses the same Account. To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you must have a Facebook account. If you do not have an account, visit www.facebook.com to create one. Facebook accounts are free.
Additionally, one Entry will be allowed via the Renegade Newsletter (the “Newsletter Clue”). In order to receive the clue and enter the Sweepstakes using a guess based on the Newsletter Clue, you need to sign up for the Renegade Newsletter prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period. If you haven’t already, you can do that at renegadegames.com. It’s free to sign up for the newsletter.
To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must, during the Sweepstakes Period:
· Visit the Renegade Society Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/rgs.society/ (the “Renegade Society Facebook Group”) or read the newsletter emails to be sent on July 8th, 15th and 22nd
· For a Facebook Clue, find the Sweepstakes Facebook post for that week’s clue - there’s a new one each week, for a total of 3 possible Entries. Additional clues for each week will be sent via the Renegade Society Newsletter, send on July 8th, 15th and 22nd . Use one or both available clues to guess that week’s answer.
· Check out the clues available in the Renegade Society newsletter and Facebook group and follow the link in the newsletter and Facebook post to the Renegade Games Website (reneagdegames.com/5th-anniversary-games-giveaway) to submit your guess.
Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet service may apply. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion. All Entries become the property of Sponsor. If your Facebook Account or email account is set to “protected mode” or other privacy settings, you may not receive Sponsor’s messages if you win. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Facebook functions or spam and other email filters that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or the ability of the Entrant to timely enter.
6. Identity of the Entrant
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple or different accounts, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If there is a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the Authorized Account Holder of the Account submitted at time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name Facebook has registered the Account.
Each potential winner (individually, a “Winner,” and collectively, the “Winners”) may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder associated with the Entry. It is solely your responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your Facebook Account. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Account.
7. Selection, Notification, and Announcement of Winners
Sponsor will review all Entries for compliance with these Rules. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about July 28, 2019, Sponsor will select, in a random drawing, one potential Winner for the prize (the “Prize”) described in Section 8 of these Rules, from all eligible Entries.
ODDS OF WINNING depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
The potential Winners will be notified on or about July 29, 2019 via email, phone, or mail, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any potential Prize-winning notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential Winner for any reason. Potential Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability-Publicity Release or other applicable documents.
If any potential Winner:
· does not respond within 24 hours of the first notification attempt;
· is found to be ineligible or any reason;
· fails to execute and return all Sponsor-requested documents by U.S. Mail, overnight delivery service, electronic or other delivery permitted by Sponsor, which Sponsor may require to be notarized (collectively, the “Affidavits”) within 3 days after transmission;
· fails to return a Prize notification, or declines a Prize for any reason; or
The final results and winning Entries will be announced on the Renegade Facebook Page by July 31, 2019.
Only the Prizes listed below will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. If the Winner is a Minor, the Prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to their parent or legal guardian, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and taxes.
· 1 Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will consist of $500 worth of Renegade Game Studios products, chosen from the online store or picked up at Gen Con (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500 USD)
NOTE: A Gen Con badge is required in order to enter Gen Con and pick up the prizes. This badge is not free, and is not paid for by Sponsor as part of the Prize. If you’re not going to be at Gen Con with a badge, you will have to choose the online store Prize option.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $500 USD.
9. Prize Conditions
With respect to all Prizes, Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize certificates and redemption letters. Winners are responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The value of the Prizes will be treated as income to the Winners and a 1099 will be issued for any Prize valued at $600 or more. Prizes are not transferrable. No substitution is allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted for any reason. If a Prize component is not available, for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize will constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. The Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated.
10. Disqualification; Force Majeure
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who Sponsor determines to be:
· tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes;
· acting in violation of these Rules;
· acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner;
· disrupting or undermining the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; or
· annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person.
Sponsor may seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor may modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play, or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Rules. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding Prizes or continuing the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Rules by any event beyond its control (“Force Majeure Event”), including fire, flood, natural or artificial epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, then Sponsor will have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the Force Majeure Event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such selection process will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of Prizes described in these Rules will be awarded.
11. Publicity Release
Acceptance of any Prize constitutes Winner’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Prize Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, Facebook name, hometown, voice, biographical information, statements, and Prize information (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
The Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for:
· any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or Entries;
· telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures;
· any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or
· any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY).
13. General Release
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant, for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns:
· releases and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory;
· agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any way responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and
· agrees to be bound by these Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final.
14. Dispute Resolution
15. Limitation of Liability
· All disputes, actual or alleged claims and causes of action at law or in equity (“Claim(s)”) must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
· Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Rules, in connection with any Claims, judgments and awards, Entrant waives all rights to attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, and to any multiplied damages.
· In no event will Entrant be entitled to recover any expenses other than reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses.
16. Miscellaneous Provisions
· If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in the Rules.
· All Claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the interpretation of the Rules or any Prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws, and will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within California.
17. Winners List; Rules Request
For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “RGS 5th Anniversary $500 Games Giveaway Sweepstakes Winner List Request” firstname.lastname@example.org after August 1, 2019 and before November 1, 2019. To obtain a copy of these Rules before August 1, 2019, send an email with subject line: “RGS 5th Anniversary $500 Games Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules Request” to email@example.com.